- ⅔ cup/133 grams granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder, preferably culinary grade
- ½ cup/113 grams/1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups/470 milliliters heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 par-baked 10-inch pie shell
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together sugar, flour, salt and matcha powder.
- Stir in butter, then beat in 3 eggs and 1 egg yolk, one at a time. Beat a couple of minutes more, stir in the cream and vanilla and strain into the pie shell.
- Bake about 50 minutes, rotating it 180 degrees after about 35 minutes, until set around the edges but still wobbly in the center. Allow to cool.