Matcha Cinnamon Rolls
Matcha Cinnamon Rolls
Prep Time: 1hr30 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 2 1/4 tsp (7gr) active dry yeast
- 1 cup dairy free milk, warmed
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut sugar ( can substitute with brown or white sugar)
- 7 tbs vegan butter, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs cinnamon
Matcha Cashew Glaze
- 1 cup Cashews, soaked 2 hours or over night
- 1 Cup dairy free milk
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp of E&O Matcha
Recipe created by thefitstitch : https://www.thefitstitch.com/post/matcha-cinnamon-rolls
- Add cashew to a bowl with bowling water.
- Prepare yeast mixture by carefully warming up 1 cup of dairy free milk ( It should be warm to the touch but not too hot to avoid killing the yeast). Add it to a large bowl along with the yeast and 1 Tbsp coconut sugar and gently stir.Let sit for 15 min, the mixture should grow and become frothy.
- While the yeast is activating prepare flour by adding flour, salt, 1/4 Cup coconut sugar and whisk to combine.
- Once yeast has activated melt 5 Tbsp of the butter and add it to the flour and mix, add the yeast mix and gently fold until a dough starts forming. (If your dough is too sticky add more flour 1 tbsp at a time until is not longer sticky)
- Once dough is fluffy and well combine roll into a ball place in a large bowl cover with a towel and let it proof for 1 hour (dough should double in size)
- While the dough proofs add brow sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl and combine.
- Once dough has proof dust a working surface with flour and start gently rolling the dough into a flat rectangular shape. (For fluffy buns don’t roll down with too much pressure or you will loose all the air on the dough).
- Once rolled brush the top with the remaining melted butter, sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mix evenly on top and gently pat it down with your hand.
- Start rolling the buns by starting to fold the edge closest to you and continue rolling until you read the other end. Using a knife or a string cut the rolls into 10 section ( buns about 1-2 in thick).
- Place on a nonstick pan facing up, cover again with a towel and let them proof once again for 15 min. In the mean time they proof pre heat your oven to 350ºF/176ºC.
- Once proof bake them for 25 min until they are golden to the touch.Prepare Matcha cashew glazing add all glazing ingredients except the matcha into a blender and mix until silky smooth. Dissolve matcha with 2 tbsp of room temperature water, once dissolve add to the cashew
- To prepare Matcha cashew glazing add all glazing ingredients except the matcha into a blender and mix until silky smooth. Dissolve matcha with 2 tbsp of room temperature water, once dissolve add to the cashew mix and mix until well combined.