Egg White Dalgona Matcha
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of matcha
- Any milk you prefer
Prep Time 5 mins I Cook Time 10 mins
- Make the simple syrup: mix 1/4 cup sugar with 1/4 cup boiling water and stir until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl (either a regular bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer). Whip the eggs on high until they start to turn frothy.
- When the eggs are frothy, slowly stream in the simple syrup while beating on high. Whip until the eggs start to turn white and form soft peaks.
- Sift the matcha powder on the eggs then continue to whip on high until smooth and creamy. Don’t over whip or the eggs while turn into a stiff meringue and the dalgona matcha won’t flow.
- Fill two glasses with ice and pour in your milk of choice. Top the glasses with a generous amount of fluffy matcha. Stir thoroughly before enjoying!